Sunday, May 9, 2010

My First Mother's Day


What a day! It is still hard for me to believe I am a mom! Gracie has definitely changed my life in so many ways. Even now, I am holding my baby and typing this blog with one hand. There are so many things i have done since she came into my life that i never thought i'd do....
-stay up all night just watching her little expressions and listening to her sweet funny noises
-cry while she cried because i've exhausted every possible way to soothe her
-take millions of pictures of her just trying to capture the innocent beauty I see in her every day
-laugh so hard as Jonathan screamed for more wipes because Gracie was pooping on him
-get so excited over the sweetest smile God ever created!

We have gotten to celebrate Mother's Day all weekend. First, on Friday with Jonathan's family, including Brooke (who was able to meet Gracie for the first time) and then on Saturday with my family. Today Jonathan and Gracie got me a digital picture frame on which Jonathan uploaded the cutest pictures of Gracie. They also got me the sweetest card and a mother's day video Jonathan put together. What a blessing God has given me with this precious family! I love being a mom. It is exhausting and overwhelming at times, but it is absolutely wonderful!

I wouldn't trade this for the world.

Here are some pictures of me and my baby on this mother's day.






No comments:

Post a Comment