Tuesday, May 18, 2010

It's Not Easy, But It's Worth It

Overwhelming. That is what parenting feels like sometimes. Just when I think I have figured out my baby girl, she goes and does something completely new that destroys all confidence I had. It is so overwhelming trying to parent with no instruction manual. We know her "favorite spots" to help her get comfortable, but those seem to be changing. We thought we had begun to decipher her different cries, and then she goes and adds a new cry. We have her on a good schedule one day, and then the next she makes a new one. We are constantly relying on the grace of God to help us parent Gracie. We know this stage will end soon, so we try and laugh at the hard times, knowing they will make for funny memories down the road. As I type this my sweet husband is trying to get Gracie to sleep, but she is resisting. I am off to help and make a new funny memory. Praise God I'm not in this alone!



1 comment:

  1. You both have such a great attitude towards parenting! Every parent has to go through what yall are going through in one form or another. Although as you are going through it, you think you are the only one, you aren't! It is the attitude with which you handle all the unknowns and new challenges that differ from most. So stay positive, remember it is good and right and nothing is wrong with her or yall! You guys are doing so good! Gracie is so blessed!

    ReplyDelete