Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Preparing For Her Debut
















As most of you know Jonathan and I are expecting our first baby – Gracie Rae - at the end of March. We are so excited for this new adventure to begin!

(this is a picture of Jackson's backside, which is how we told my parents we were pregnant)

Before Baby Gracie enters this world there are a few things I have been meaning to do...

1. Start a blog for her. It is a way for me, a soon-to-be mom, to share my precious little one with friends and family. I am sure this will be a needed outlet during the long nights, as well as a way to share the little moments that make life so wonderful!

2. Learn to diaper and swaddle a baby (I know, I know, it is pretty sad that I am 1 day away from turning 30 and have never changed a diaper) Jonathan and I are both newbies at it, which should make for some hilarious stories!

3. Get all our baby stuff together. We have been blessed with wonderful family and friends who have generously given Gracie so much already! On a side note: Jonathan was so cute the other day wheeling the empty stroller around the apartment and “practicing” putting Gracie in the straps. He is going to make such a great Dad!

Some baby stuff I am in LOVE with...
















Waiting for Baby Gracie,

- Jess

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations Jess!!! I can't wait to follow your blog but most importantly celebrate in the arrival of your Gracie Rae. I love yout bliggity blog spot...very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jessica and Johnny, I am so excited for y'all. I know how anxious you are to meet your little Gracie Rae. Seriously the cutest name every for possibly the future cutest little baby girl ever in existance.
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to meet her! I already know she is gonna be the best! Thanks for creating this super cute blog so we can all follow along yalls journey. Love you guys tons.
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey sweet girl! I can't believe my baby is going to have a baby of her own!!!!!!

    I can just see her so plainly! She will be the sweetest little girl ever because her parents are so sweet!

    Hope the time goes fast, because I want to hold that little girl in my arms and kiss those sweet cheeks!!

    Love,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessica and Jonathan,
    I am so excited for you. Your getting ready techniques are really cute. You do know that your natural maternal and parenting instincts are already in place right? Love you both. You two are going to be amazing parents.
    Can't wait to meet Gracie. She will be blessed.
    Love you,
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just wish that all parents could be as soundly rooted in Him as you two are! Hurry and join us, Gracie Rae! (Anna needs the babysitting money...lol.)
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I think back, almost 14 years ago when Anna was born, I can't believe how fast time goes by. My advice is to enjoy each and every day with your daughter, because it does go by so fast. She is going to change your life in a way you can't imagine. You two are going to be terrific parents!!! Love you both, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete