Monday, April 19, 2010

Her First Shot


Today Gracie had her first shot. :o( It was painful for her and traumatizing for us! We dressed Gracie in a precious dress that Donna Kay and David bought for her and headed out to the doctor. We love to dress her up when we go anywhere since she rarely leaves the house. They weighed Gracie at the doctor's office and she is already 9 lbs 3 ounces! When did she get so big? She is still below the average in weight, but when I saw that number on the scale a little part of me was sad. We are out of the newborn stage. Don't get me wrong, I am thankful for a happy healthy baby, but it is going by so fast! Ok, on to the traumatizing part. The nurse came in with the shot, I was holding Gracie, and then they did it. They stuck my precious baby in the thigh with a long evil needle...and remember, I was holding her! For about 10 seconds she cried the most pitiful painful cry that literally made my heart break. I put her over my shoulder ("in her spot") and she immediately stopped crying. Gracie took it like a champ! She fell fast asleep and will never remember this day that has emotionally scarred her parents!

The War Wound

Gracie in her sweet dress




No comments:

Post a Comment