Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I'll Show You Miserable!


Well, we did it! We finally moved into our new rental house. It is a wonderful home in a great neighborhood and most of the unpacking and organizing is finished (thanks to the greatest sets of parents in the world)!!!! (I will be posting more pics of the house later) Gracie has so patiently waited to make her appearance which we are thankful for, but also now extremely ready for. I have had such a wonderful pregnancy and amazing responses and encouragement from everyone (family, friends, and strangers)...until last night! Jonathan and I and my parents went to Logan's Road House for dinner after a lot of unpacking. Well, the chicken i ordered came to me undercooked. The manager came by to apologize for the raw chicken they tried to serve me and then asked me how far along I was. Before I had a chance to answer, she proceeds to tell me how miserable I look. "How far along are you, because you look MISERABLE" were her exact words! I just looked at her stunned. Does she not realize I am 9 months pregnant with crazy hormones raging inside?! After she left and I swallowed my pride we all laughed at how apparently horrible I look and how you never, never, ever tell a pregnant woman (or any woman for that matter) that they look miserable! Not the best service I have ever received at a restaurant!

2 comments:

  1. Rude! Rudey..Rude!!!! I tell you, they are out there lurking waiting to pounce on the poor pregos. You should have told her what was her excuse for looking so miserable! Ok..sorry, anger brewing from memories of the past. Rude people stay away from all pregnant women!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweetest Jessica! Only YOU would be so kind as to not give that girl a piece of your mind. This is one more reason why i love you so! ~Bonnie

    ReplyDelete