Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Baby Story


During my entire pregnancy I was obsessed with watching the TLC show A Baby Story. Before pregnancy you probably couldn't have paid me to watch an episode, but for some reason, watching women go through everything from getting an epidural to having triplets by c-section, made me feel a tiny bit more prepared for what I might endure. So, here is my very own Baby Story.

On Wed March 24th we went to the hospital thinking my water might have broken (more like sprung a leak). The nurses tested me and said it had so they admitted me to labor and delivery that day. Well, apparently I was not very far along in the whole labor process, so they hooked me up to medicine to induce labor. After only 20 minutes the baby's heart rate dropped to a very low number and the nurse came running in, turned me on my side, and put an oxygen mask on me. Later we talked to the doctor and she recommended c-section because the baby wasn't responding well to labor so we decided to schedule the c-section. I was wheeled into the OR and about an hour later Gracie was born! She was born 7 pounds 7 ounces and 19 inches long. She was born wide eyed and alert with a beautiful head of dark hair. Jonathan brought her over to me to see her for the first time and my heart melted. She was perfect. Praise God for this little blessing! Here is the picture that captured the wonderful ending to an unexpected drama-filled birth.


I can't believe she has changed so much already! Here are a few more pics from the hospital.


1 comment: