Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Unforgettable

"I used to hate uncertainty, but I'm learning to love it. It is an aquired taste. I am discovering that the greatest moments in life are unscripted. They are unrehearsed, unplanned, and unpredictable, and that is precisely what makes them unforgettable." Mark Batterson

I feel like I am learning these words. Just let go and be in the moment. Let life be an adventure. How boring is a life where every moment is planned.

The unplanned moments that will always be remembered...

-Just moments after Gracie was born, she turned toward the sound of my voice to see me. I'll never forget that moment of her and I seeing each other for the first time.
-Laying in the grass with Gracie, looking up at the sky, listening to baby babble.
-Gracie's poop explosion outside of Albertson's. I don't know if I've ever laughed so hard! (granted the poop was on Jonathan and not me) :o)
-When Jonathan comes home and Gracie starts doing the arm flap and squealing with delight.

"We naturally want everything to go according to plan, but the element of surprise infuses life with so much joy."

I remember when Jonathan took this picture. This was the moment i felt like a mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment